Some bits and pieces turns into....
I have always been afraid of making my own Play Dough. I thought it would take a long time and dry out quickly. However I found the recipe below (can't remember where... it was a long time ago) on the web and it is just so easy. It doesn't take long and the good thing about it is that if you keep it in an airtight container, it stays so moist and fresh. I will never buy the real stuff again!
Play Clay or Play Dough Recipe
2 cups water
1 cup salt
food colouring (.5 teaspoon for pastel colour and 1.5 teaspoon for vivid colour)
4 teaspoons cream of tartar
4 tablespoons oil
2 cups flour
1. Combine water, salt, cream of tartar and food colouring in large saucepan
2. Cook on low heat and stir. As the mixture heats up, stir in the oil then the flour slowly
3. Keep stirring until it starts looking dry and pulling away from the saucepan
4. Remove from heat and pinch a piece between 2 fingers. If it is not sticky, it is done. Otherwise, continue stirring over low heat
5. Place dough on counter and knead until smooth
6. Store in airtight container
DO NOT REFRIDGERATE!!